Below are the terms of service for any contract work initiated between myself, the Artist, and the commissioner, known as the Client. By commissioning the Artist, the Client confirms that they have read, understood, and agreed to all of the below terms. The Client understands that violating any of these terms may cause immediate cancellation and refunding of their commission.
Terms of Service
- Upon initial commission, the Client should present the Artist with a clear visual reference or a highly detailed written description of the character(s) in question.
- The final quote from the Artist will depend upon the complexity of the character(s) in question, which may raise the price. Advertised prices are not final and may raise depending on various factors of complexity in design, pose, atmosphere, etc.
- An initial sketch will be sent to the Client after commissioning for approval of the general scene. After final approval, in-progress updates will be sent at the discretion of the Artist. The Client may request more in-progress updates but compliance is not guaranteed.
a.) An initial sketch may be presented to the Client prior to payment in predetermined arranged scenarios in which the Artist agrees to.
- a.) Unclear and ineffective communication on behalf of the Client.
b.) Rude or obscene behavior towards the Artist from the Client.
c.) Lack of communication on behalf of the Client without prior reason/warning.
i.) Time spans larger than 2 weeks after a check-in without reason are considered lack of communication.
ii.) Reasons given for lack of communication should be clear and the Client cannot expect the Artist to continue constant work without communication in that time period.
a.) The Artist reserves all right to not respond to any commission-related inquiries outside of the listed email.
b.) The Artist reserves the right to communicate outside of the aforementioned bounds at her discretion with approval of the Client.
a.) The Artist’s working hours may vary upon her current life situation, which may be affected by external factors including, but not limited to, college work, social obligations, health, and volunteer work.
b.) The Artist reserves the right to take weekends off from working on commissions.
c.) "Repeated requests" does not refer to any polite requests to see an update if there has been no contact for more than a reasonable period of time.
a.) In the case of the Artist missing a detail or misunderstanding the Client, the Client may request a second free re-sketch or a change in the art itself.
a.) Commissioned pieces will always be uploaded and displayed. Requests to not upload the image will be denied.
b.) Delay upon uploading the image due to events such as birthdays, holidays, or other festivities that may involve gifting the art piece are entirely fine as long as the upload date is agreed upon by the Artist and Client.
a.) The commissioned work is not to be used for commercial purposes without negotiation and proper fee from the Artist.
b.) The Client does not claim complete ownership of the commissioned work as their own work.
c.) The Client credits the Artist and refers to at least one of her profiles in a description of the reuploaded work through name or link.
d.) If the commissioned work is for more than one person besides the Client, the additional person(s) are allowed to upload the work as well following these same terms.
a.) This does not include alterations of measurements in reference sheets or adjusting the text in them to be more accurate.
Payment and Refunds
- Payment is only accepted through Paypal in USD. Payment in any other form is not valid.
- Payment will be done up front before the Artist starts work. Once payment is given, the Artist will add the commissioned work to her queue. The queue is always in chronological order of payment received, not commission requested.
- The Artist does not accept commissions in any non-nationally recognised or cryptocurrencies.
- The Client may only request refunds before work begins, during the lineart stage, or during the color stage. Any requests for refunds after are null and void.
a.) In pre-arranged agreements, the Artist may start work and provide a sketch before the Client sends payment, but only if both parties agree. Situations that entail this situation are only those in which the Artist is unsure of proper pricing until a scene is confirmed.
a.) Refunds before work begins will be done in full.
b.) Refunds during the sketch stage will be at 75% value of the original payment.
c.) Refunds during the color stage will be at 50% value of the original payment.
d.) Refunds due to the Artist cancelling the commission will always be at 100% value unless otherwise stated in these terms.
Requesting a Commision
If you wish to request a commission from me, please fill out and submit a commission request form through my website.
These are the old versions of my Terms of Service that may have been agreed to at an earlier point in time. They are here only for reference for people who commissioned me in these time frames and are no longer valid.
The last update to my terms was on March 29, 2021.
- Version 1.0 - Effective Feb 13, 2017 through April 25, 2017
- Version 1.1 - Effective April 25, 2017 through March 20, 2018
- Version 1.2 - Effective March 20, 2018 through October 10, 2018
- Version 1.3 - Effective October 10, 2018 through March 1, 2020
- Version 1.4 - Effective March 1, 2020 through March 29, 2021