Below are the terms of service for any contract work initiated between myself, the Artist, and the commissioner, known as the Client. By commissioning the Artist, the Client confirms that they have read, understood, and agreed to all of the below terms. The Client understands that violating any of these terms may cause immediate cancellation and refunding of their commission.
Terms of Service
- Upon initial commission, the Client should present the Artist with clear visual reference(s) of the character(s) in question.
a.) For reference imagery or character designs, textual descriptions and/or visual reference imagery is accepted.
- The final quote from the Artist will depend upon the complexity of the character(s) and scene in question, which may raise the price. Advertised prices are not final and may raise depending on various factors of complexity in design, pose, atmosphere, etc.
- An initial sketch will be sent to the Client after commissioning for approval of the general scene. After final approval, in-progress updates will be sent at the discretion of the Artist. The Client may request more in-progress updates but compliance is not guaranteed.
a.) An initial sketch may be presented to the Client prior to payment in predetermined arranged scenarios in which the Artist agrees to.
- a.) Unclear and ineffective communication on behalf of the Client.
b.) Rude or obscene behavior towards the Artist from the Client.
c.) Lack of communication on behalf of the Client without prior reason/warning.
i.) Time spans larger than 2 weeks after a check-in without reason are considered lack of communication.
ii.) Reasons given for lack of communication should be clear and the Client cannot expect the Artist to continue constant work without communication in that time period.
a.) The Artist reserves all right to not respond to any commission-related inquiries outside of the listed email.
b.) The Artist reserves the right to communicate outside of the aforementioned bounds at her discretion with approval of the Client.
a.) The Artist's working hours may vary upon her current life situation, which may be affected by external factors including, but not limited to, college work, social obligations, health, and volunteer work.
b.) The Artist reserves the right to take two days per work week off ('weekends') from working on commissions.
a.) In the case of the Artist missing a detail or misunderstanding the Client, the Client may request a second free re-sketch or a free change in the art itself.
a.) The Artist retains the right to the final say on whether or not an image may be shared on her social media or other websites. Requests to not upload the image will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be negotiated prior to purchase.
b.) Delay upon uploading the image due to events such as birthdays, holidays, or other festivities that may involve gifting the art piece are entirely fine as long as the upload date is agreed upon by the Artist and Client.
a.) The commissioned work is not to be used for commercial purposes without purchase of commercial rights from the Artist.
b.) The Client does not claim complete ownership of the commissioned work as their own work.
c.) The Client credits the Artist and refers to at least one of her profiles in a description of the reuploaded work through name or link.
d.) The Client redistributes only the supplied watermarked version unless give written permission to redistribute the full work.
d.) If the commissioned work is for more than one person besides the Client, the additional person(s) are allowed to upload the work as well following these same terms.
a.) This only refers to alterations of artwork and does not apply to changes to textual aspects of works, so long as any textual changes do not include any offensive themes, e.g. racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise hateful remarks.
b.) Cropping, rotating, and other simple transformations are allowed so long as they do not obscure, remove, or otherwise hide the Artist's watermark.
a.) Full intellectual rights may be purchased from the Artist through separate negotiation and agreement.
Payment and Refunds
- Payment is only accepted through Paypal in USD. Payment in any other form is not valid.
- The Artist does not accept payment in any non-national currency, such as DeviantART™ Points or cryptocurrencies.
- Payment will be done up front before the Artist starts work. Once payment is given, the Artist will add the commissioned work to her queue. The queue is always in chronological order of payment received, not commission requested.
- The Client may only request refunds before work begins, during the lineart stage, or during the color stage. Any requests for refunds after are null and void.
a.) In pre-arranged agreements, the Artist may start work and provide a sketch before the Client sends payment, but only if both parties agree. Situations that entail this situation are only those in which the Artist is unsure of proper pricing until a scene is confirmed.
a.) Refunds before work begins will be done in full.
b.) Refunds during the sketch stage will be at 75% value of the original payment.
c.) Refunds during the color stage will be at 50% value of the original payment.
d.) Refunds due to the Artist cancelling the commission will always be at 100% value unless otherwise stated in these terms.
Downloads & Old Versions
Downloadable versions of the above terms - and all earlier versions - are available below.
The old versions of my Terms of Service are here only for reference for people who commissioned me in the listed time frames. Future commissions adhere only to the terms above.
The last update to my terms was on April 30, 2022.
- Version 1.0 - Effective Feb 13, 2017 through April 25, 2017
- Version 1.1 - Effective April 25, 2017 through March 20, 2018
- Version 1.2 - Effective March 20, 2018 through October 10, 2018
- Version 1.3 - Effective October 10, 2018 through March 1, 2020
- Version 1.4 - Effective March 1, 2020 through March 29, 2021
- Version 1.5 - Effective March 29, 2021 through April 30, 2022
- Version 1.6 - Effective April 30, 2022 to Present